Family Fun Saturdays in the Studio! with Lynn Newman
Saturdays, December 4 – December 18 , 1 pm – 4 pm
Welcome in Winter with a series of family-friendly art activities! Thanks to the generous and ongoing support of Anne Safranyos and family, we're excited to announce Saturdays in the Studio, IN PERSON at the AGW. Sign up, drop in, and create your own masterpiece with featured artist: Lynn Newman!
- All participants MUST pre-register in order to attend the program.
- Session 1 runs from 1pm to 2:30pm
- Session 2 runs from 2:30pm to 4pm
- This program is FREE and open to all with admission to the AGW. All supplies are provided. Families welcome. Small children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Masks must be worn at all times in the studio and safety guidelines must be followed.
- Questions? Need help registering? Email Sophie Hinch, Education and Public Programs Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Create a textured collage. Combine acrylic paint on canvas with a variety of mixed media. Use textiles, beads, wallpaper and a range of other materials for your creation. Click HERE to register.
Come in to the studio to create your own holiday ornament. Start with a clear globe and add holiday cheer for a festive finish. A variety of decorative materials will be on hand. Click HERE to register.
Celebrate the winter season in watercolour. Paint a snowy landscape or create a seasonal greeting. Add some sparkle to make your snow glisten. Welcome in Winter! Click HERE to register.
ABOUT THE ARTIST
Lynn Newman was born and raised in Windsor, Ontario. She attended the University of Windsor and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts Degree, a Bachelor of Education Degree, as well as a Master's Degree in Education. Lynn taught for 32 years with The Greater Essex County District School Board, specializing in Primary and Junior subjects including "The Arts". She is currently a docent at The AGW and has successfully conducted tours there for all ages and has hosted a variety of studio activities for over 16 years.
This program is generously supported by Anne Safranyos and Family.